Made some progress over the last few day. I’m happy to say this is going way better then I expected.
I decided to cut this side of the frame in two parts. Thus leaving the rear cross member in place. I don’t think it was really necessary but it made me feel better. For this cut I used a grinder to cut a small slit in each side of the frame rails allowing a sawzall blade to fit through. After that I simply cut with a sawsall blade. Only one blade. It cut way easier then expected.
After the cut was complete I had to spend a little time cleaning up the inside of the frame so the two pieces would fit nicely together. There was a nut welded to the inside on one end. I sectioned around that. The front end had a support brace that I had to cut out. This brace kept the two pieces from sitting flush with each other.
Once the fit nicely I simply tack welded into place for now. I also added a cross brace for temporary support.
Again this may not be needed but better safe then sorry. After this I remove the only brace left welded in place. The rear section are only bolted and might flex.
After removing the rear cross brace I cut the second section of the right frame well, dropped it into place inside theoriginal frame rail and tacked it into place.
I trimmed about 1/4 inch off the cab mount as setting the frame inside moves it out the thickness of the frame. I also lowed it 1/4 inch. I noticed the was a considerable gap between the cab and the frame rails. This additional 1/4 inch will just give me a little extra drop.
At this point the right side is all tacked in place. I will plate the sections left open at the front and rear after I know the cab sits back on properly. No reason to finish weld all that without be sure my measurements are correct.
For the front I just cut straight across and welded it back with a plate 2.5″ lower
I chose to smooth the transition on the front and rear of the center sections. I feel it looks better as well as being stronger. The smoother transition verse a 90 degree cut with spread the weight out and not create a tear point.
Frame under the cab is complete. All bolt holes line up and the rocker is below the frame, well at least it will be with shaved body bushings.